Reimbursement Invoicing for Instructors
The preferred method for obtaining supplies is for MFS to directly purchase all supplies for classes. We do understand that this is not always possible and therefore submission of a Supply Fee invoice with receipts is offered, but not promoted. If you will need to purchase your own supplies directly, reimbursement for Supply Fees will only be paid if they meet the following criteria:
- The Supply Fee is for consumables only and cannot be used toward any type of compensation or course development fees. Further, it cannot be used toward mileage, gas, lodging, beverages, or food without first receiving WRITTEN authorization from MFS/WCP administration.
- The total of the Supply Fee reimbursement must be at or less than the budgeted amount set for each class.
- Submission of Supply Fee Reimbursement must be accompanied by receipts of purchase. Any Supply Fee reimbursement requests will not be honored without an accompanying receipt(s).
- Receipts MUST NOT include any Mi 6% sales tax. To purchase supplies for a class without paying sales tax, please use the Washtenaw County Sales and Use Tax Certificate of Exemption form located in the Instructor Portal.
- Invoicing is sent to the County every Tuesday afternoon. If your invoice is received by Tuesday morning at 9am it will be submitted that week. If it arrives after Tuesday at 9am it will be submitted for payment the following week.